Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wk4 Blog Post Comments on Jeff Kohls’ UDUTU Project

Jeff,

This project sums up the Professional Learning Network and the steps required to set one up for your self. I liked the way you incorporated the survey into the lesson. This is a really neat way to bring all of these separate entities into one learning unit. I could see using this in my Interdisciplinary Skills courses to help new freshmen students begin building a professional online profile.

On Saturday, August 28th Jeff Kohls wrote:

The Udutu project can be found here.

Dana Kohls and I collaborated on the Udutu project because we are collaborating on the Action Research Project as well. The project focuses on establishing a PLN for our school district. The Udutu project will serve as a launch for Cycle II data collection and analysis, as well as deliver course instruction.

The focus of the Udutu course is to introduce Google Reader, Twitter, Facebook, and iGoogle as they relate to the PLN. This is done through audio, and video tutorials, produced by Dana and I (K-Squared Productions), as well as media assets that are on Youtube.

I very much enjoyed the Udutu platform, and can see this as an asset that I would subscribe to in order to support my districts' PLN. The platform was easy to manipulate, add media, and add text.

No comments:

Post a Comment