Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wk4 Blog Post Comments on Scott Legere's UDUTU Project

Scott,

This was a really good lesson on contract law. It broke the complicated concepts of recording contracts into easy to understand pieces of information. I really like the explanation of royalty calculations. I don’t think most of us realize how much pressure is on the artist to “sell”. Once they are bound by the contract, they really need to move their product.


On Saturday, August 28th Scott Legere wrote:

For my Udutu project, I attempted to develop a short lesson about some of the common language found within production and recording contracts. Often, this language is complex and bewildering for young media students, so I tried to imbue my project with some humor and silliness. In many of the assessments, there is no wrong answer and each choice leads you to the next site.

Overall, I found the Udutu environment to be surprisingly easy to navigate. I think this is a valuable tool, and I've enjoyed learning to post content. That said, I'm having some technical difficulties- thus far, I can not get any of my MP3 files to load and stream from the site. They are accessible within myUdutu, the stream from inside the editor, but I can't yet get them to play from my published site even though they are set to "Stream" the narration directly from the page. Also, I'm struggling with some of the auto-advance functions after certain assessments, but I'll get to the bottom of all of these issues.

Again, the process has been positive so far. I'll continue working through the night and the rest of the day tomorrow in order to solve this little glitch.

Thanks,

URL http://publish.myudutu.com/published/launcheval/22206/Course40561/Launch.html

NOTE: 8.29.10

I'm changing my opinion of Udutu somewhat. While I've finally gotten my audio narrations to load (when refreshing each page) I'm finding significant browser inconsistencies and an inability for Udutu to launch new "links" within the system. As I've added several pages since yesterday, may of the links remain tied to the old navigation scheme bypassing Slide 10 especially. And, a blank opening page keeps loading inappropriately. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment